Nasarawa State has recorded 2 more cases of COVID19 in the State.
This was announced by the State Governor Abdullahi A. Sule during a press briefing this evening (April 30, 2020) at the Government House, Shendam Road, Lafia.
According to Governor Sule, the two new cases were part of the forty persons that were intercepted when they came into the State from States considered to be ‘high risk’ some days ago. They were quarantined at the State Polytechnic in Lafia.
The confirmed cases have been moved to the isolation centre at the Dalhatu Araf Specialist Hospital (DASH) Lafia.
Speaking further, the Governor said: “As you are aware, we have already traced the 11 contacts of the index case and they are also isolated at the Dr Araf Specialist Hospital here in Lafia. Their test has been conducted and we are also awaiting the results of their test.”
He said the State Government will continue to monitor the others who are still in isolation at the State Polytechnic in Lafia.
The Governor then solicited the support of the citizens of Nasarawa State to combat and check the spread of the virus especially when it comes to isolating members of their families who are returning from high risk places.
Governor Sule expressed appreciation to President Buhari for enforcing the inter-state lockdown while also appealing to the security agents to be faithful in discharging their duties especially as it concerns checking movement from State to State.
Responding to questions from journalists, the Governor disclosed that Nasarawa State has conducted test on over one hundred samples so far, promising that his administration is working hard to see that many more tests can be carried out on a daily basis.
Recall that Nasarawa State recorded its first case of the virus on Tuesday (April 28, 2020). The two new cases bring the total number of confirmed cases in Nasarawa State to three. All of them are females.